Thursday 24 April 2014

A month off....

I don't ride on my bike very much during the winter as it's too cold for me and my skin get really sore when it's windy and cold. But I've missed riding on my bike so much and knew I would eventually get back when it get warmer or sunny.

I never got into riding routine for months as I was travelling lately and found it hard to get into a routine once again.

Also I found it hard to get into gym routine so decided to take a month off gym. So last month (March) I went to my gym and spoke to someone about freezing my gym membership for April.

For me I felt it was a great decision as I was focused on fitness a lot and felt bad if I missed a day of weight lifting so needed a break. Also I felt wrecked after travelling and found it so hard to focus because I wasn't sure what I wanted in life. I knew I wanted to keep going with my travelling and knew I would have to eventually settle down one day. I couldn't handle the fact that I was always going to hospitals for my appointments because I wanted to be free and keep going with my travelling but I have to come back home for my appointments, that's very annoying.

So I focused on getting my energy back and went back on medication - not often though as I don't like taking them and I felt I was putting lot of rubbish in my body but needed medication sadly.

Lately it has been very sunny and more often so I went back on my bike. Once again I fell in love with riding and go out riding every few days around my local park. Now I am eager to ride more often and go back to weight lifting.

I always learn something new daily. I am often hard on myself and push myself hard when exercising. Once I get going, I find it hard to stop unless something in life happen such as death or illness. So sometime it can be hard when I can't stop because you have to listen to your body. Unfortunately I have to take breaks now and then for my body when it is struggling to do everyday things, then I have to stop and spend my energy on life other than fitness.

May is coming up soon, I am so looking forward to get back into weightlifting! But I never stopped my high protein diet - it's a a great habit of mine picking high protein foods :)

I am not saying stop exercising, but learn to listen to your body. We all are only human.

No harm in taking a break now and then! Eat rubbish now and then! Pizza is my weakness!

No comments:

Post a Comment